Saturday, January 17, 2009

A STELLAR SATURDAY...







I woke up this Saturday morning bright and early for me yet again, round 8:30 a.m( after a wake up call), after another chilly night where it was unbearable for me to be owt. I just slept in and decided to catch me some dreams . So This Stellar Saturday..I'm ready to get up, get owt, and do something. I know there's some entertainment in town here for the Stella Awards, but without a ticket that really doesn't get me anywhere... then there's always the movies... I do want to see Notorious..and I was invited to a friend's surprise party...OR I could always just hit the road...at any rate TODAY is A STELLAR day and I encourage everybody to read my scoop today and then go do something out of the NORM ( I always try to think outside the box and try new things)


STELLAR AWARDS


Today is a big day in Nashville because we have the Stellar Awards tonight at the Grand Ole Opry House with host Sinbad( whose bright idea was that..I don't really think of Sinbad when I think of Award Host), Donnie McClurkin, and Dorinda Clark Cole. Be on the lookout Nashvillians, if your in the Opry Mills area tonight or just in the city today you may run into some hot celebs like Kirk Franklin,Heather Headley,or Sherri Sheperd from the View. If you wanna know more about who is said to be at the show click here.


OBAMA'S LETTER TO HIS DAUGTHERS.. I LOVE THIS TAKE A LOOK!




BET IS BACK AT AGAIN


This time of year you can expect to see some good Reality shows on BET. Well we all have been witness to Keyshia Cole, Brothers, and College HILL. ( All shows that I enjoy except for the part when they always portray us fighting and making fools of ourselves) This year we can look forward to a 3RD new season of BALDWIN Hills with some new additions to the cast. I can't wait to see Stacey's new baby and if Moriah got back with his first love Gerren.Find out on Tuesday, Jan. 27 at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) for the premiere.

Baldwin Hills Season 3 Cast

For the more mature audience, BET has added a new show to the roster called Harlem Nights which premiers March 2 at 10:00pm. This is for us young urban professionals who are making positive moves towards our futures. The show has a diverse 8 cast member crew that will walk us through their dream and ambition to be successful in life. Sound interesting take a look...


Harlem Nights cast







BEYONCE DECIDES ON A SONG FOR OBAMAS



I heard today Beyonce spilled the beans and has decided to sing "AT LAST" for the neighborhood ball I mentioned in yesterday's blog. I must say B will do her thing on this song..because she delivered it strongly in her latest movie Cadilliac Records and at the Fashion Rocks show in 2008 click here.



JERMAINE DUPRI LEAVES DEF JAM

Jermaine Dupri is owt for good with Def Jam. In a recent Essence interview, Dupri said he was leaving because, "It was a situation where it felt very stagnant to me. As a person who is used to putting out new records and continuing to do that, it just wasn’t turning over as being that place to me where I should stick to it and see if it was going to turn around."

I think it may have had something to do with Janet. I mean what man is going to stand behind a company that talked down on his woman and let her go. Well whatever the real reason is, I wish Jermaine Dupri the best in all endeavors because he is definitely a hit maker and down to earth cat. I actually meet him last year at his new club Studio 72 during my Birthday Extravaganza.


chillin at studio 72 wit jd in where else but vipStylista KT chillin in VIP with JD and my sister Fanesia.

Naomi Campbell shuts up her old housemaid

Naomi Campbell
Okay so I know everyone knows about the foul mouthed and abusive leading model Naomi Campbell's troubles with her former housemaid. Well, they finally reached a settlement that allowed Naomi to walk away and but a smile on Gaby Gibson 's (former housemaid) face. Recall, this case was all brought on when Campbell reportedly beat her with a cell phone, verbal abused her, and accussed of her of stealing a pair of jeans. Wow! I mean come on how many pairs of jeans does Naomi have? She is a FOOL! Yes, I said it a fool for abusing someone over some jeans when she can simply just order another pair at the drop of a hat. I hope she learned her lesson this time and she stays away from her housemaids to come.



I HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN AMAZING SATURDAY!!! MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER TO DO SOMETHING OUT OF THE BOX TODAY.. I'M GO LEAVE YOU WITH THIS NEW JOINT FROM JAMIE FOXX NEW ALBUM..IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS ALBUM YOU SLEEPING FORREAL..GET ON IT!!! S-L-O-W! CLICK HERE.







blog counter


web counter


homepage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is Play Date?

It's an alternative to the typical night out. The concept brings interesting diverse groups of people together to interact in a social setting based on playing games. We provide a fun and exciting environment where you can eat good food, drink, listen to a variety of music, socialize, and meet great people all while playing games. ALL KINDS OF GAMES- everything from Spades to Chess, Twister to UNO, Monopoly to Taboo, Hungry Hungry Hippos to Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, and EVERYTHING in between!


"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing"


THERE WILL BE SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY AT PLAYDATE:

We have card games:
Spades, Bid Whist, UNO

We have board games:
Monopoly, Trouble, Chutes N Ladders

We have group games:
Taboo, Pictionary, Battle of the Sexes

We have couples games:
Connect Four, Chess, Checkers

We have video games:
Madden, Pac-Man, NBA Live, Wii

AND
We have PLAYDATE SIGNATURE GAMES:
Simon Says, Hula Hoops, PlayDate Limbo, Virtual Double Dutch, and Musical Chairs!





CHECK OUT SOME OF THE COVERAGE ON PLAY DATE:
(CLICK ON THE ICONS BELOW TO VIEW NEWS CLIPS)







Here are the details about the launch!

Friday, February 27, 2008 8pm-2am


Limelight Entertainment Complex
201 Woodland Street Nashville, TN 37213
Directions: 615-780-3099
Who: singles, couples, groups...EVERYBODY
What: food, drink, music, great people, and GAMES!
Why: because if you wanna have FUN you gotta PLAY!
Cost: $10
Info Contact: 615-668-4529
Email: info@PlayDateNashville.com
Website: www.PlayDateNashville.com

Check out video, photos, and more!


CLICK BELOW TO VISIT THE WEBSITE

www.PlayDateNashville.com

Also check out our National website to see all of the other locations:

www.PlayDateUS.com