Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF!





Good morning! I know I'm up pretty early this morning. I'm so glad it's friday. TGIF. I woke up early this morning for my usual morning bathroom break ( lol you know we all wake up in the am and first thing is head to the bathroom) When I got back in bed I looked at my phone to make sure my alarm was still on and ready ( b/c I know I would have slept right threw it..lol) . As I was looking down I noticed my phone said I had an email. I checked my email and I saw that I received an email from one of the grad schools I applied for. Yay, I felt so good inside immediately! So they want me to interview with them and they seem interested, but the hard part is its on the WEST coast, so now I need to strategize and figure out when I will be able to get there. I'm so happy right now..I'm wearing a KOOL AID SMILE! All my efforts and hard work are paying off. I'm thankful to GOD to hear back from this school. Well, that's my personal testimony for today. I hope you enjoy my spill today and have a PROMISING AND HAPPY FRIDAY!


NASHVILLE VOTES


FIRST OFF I NOTICED the voting results for English first. According to CNN, all 173 precincts reporting, 41,752 voters, or nearly 57 percent, voted against the proposed amendment, with 32,144 voters supporting it, according to unofficial results posted on the Nashville city government Web site. How do you feel about these results? Do you think we should have English first or do you feel like we should cater to all other languages?



A NEW LADY IN THE SENATE




It's good to see another woman taking over the NY SENATE seat that once belonged to Hillary Clinton, her name is Kirsten Gillibrand and she represents the Democratic party as well. She was appointed by New York Gov. David Paterson. I'm still waiting to hear why the favorite Caroline Kennedy backed down from the position.




OBAMA 3,350 PHONE APPROVED


OKAY SO have you heard all the big talk about whether Obama should have a Blackberry with all the security concerns. Well, he has been granted his wish despite all the concerns of White House officials. I guess Obama is a technology guy just like the rest of us whom love our smartphones.

SUPER BOWL TIME

I know I have stayed away from football for quite some time now...but I'm back on it today. I want to give made props to the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers for fighting their hearts out to make it to Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa, FL. It will be interesting to see who wins.. I guess I'm go ride with the Steelers this time even though the Titans did beat them. I will look forward to seeing Jennifer Hudson sing the National Athem. But I don't know if I will be looking forward to the halftime show though..I hear Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be performing. Who are you going for in the Super Bowl?


BUN B TO RELEASE ANOTHER ALBUM for PIMP C




BUN B has revealed another last album is in the line up for UGK in honor of his late rhyming partner Pimp C. It is called For Live and it is set to be released on March 31,2009 under Jive Records. The first single is titled, "The Game Been Good to Me." It' been playing on major radio stations..so for us here in Nashville that probably sets us back till end of February. ( I'm just being 100..we always get turned on to songs on the late tip here.) Word is it will have around 12 tracks. I KNOW THIS IS GO BE A CLASSIC! What you think?


Well that's my time for this Friday. HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND! Be sure to leave me some food for thought..THANKS AND BE BLESSED!




blog counter


web counter


homepage

No comments: