Thursday, January 15, 2009

Obama moves up,Swayze fights,and Snoop contributes to the kids



Good morning everybody! I'm excited to deliver some good news today and give you a bit of my mindset today. On a personal note, today has been a cold day for me. I'm recovering from a crazy night, but nevertheless I PROGRESS and MOVE FORWARD to deliver DIVA AVENUE to you!


MOVING ON UP!

5 DAYS AND COUNTING! We are getting closer to the big day. Obama will be sworn into office next Tuesday Jan. 20, 2009. Are you ready..I sure am! He has come a mighty long way..MSNBC reported Obama had broke bread last night by having dinner with the conservatives who we all know are the enemy. Big ups to Obama for being the bigger man in this case.




NO KELLOGG CRACKERS

PUT A HALT ON EATING Austin- and Keebler-branded sandwich crackers!! ( I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT YOU DO WANNA LIVE DON'T YOU!) CNN has reported Toasted peanut butter sandwich crackers,Peanut butter and jelly sandwich crackers, Cheese and peanut butter sandwich crackers, and Peanut butter-chocolate sandwich crackers are filled with salmonella.The recent outbreak has affected at least 434 people in 43 states.

I know I love my Peanut butter sandwich crackers when I'm breaking throughout the day,but I'm not going to risk it and you shouldn't either. Keep the word going people.


PATRICK SWAYZE FIGHTS THE BATTLE

I know it's been a while since I mentioned the Today Show so I actually got a sample of the show today when they were talking about Patrick Swayze, whom is fighting pancreatic cancer and has pneumonia.

It seems like yesterday, I was just watching him move so smooth and effortlessly in his famous movie Dirty Dancing. It's sad to hear that he is fighting this battle with cancer and all the nasty rumors people spread. On the show, they stated that he is holding up longer than the average person who fights the disease.( I will definitely be keeping him in prayers..CANCER IS A HARD DISEASE TO DEAL WITH.) On a more positive note, Mr. Swayze is still pursuing his love of acting with a new show that airs on A&E called The Beast, where he plays a veteran FBI agent.

Footage from The Today Show:



Snoop Bowl VII





For those of you who are planning to head to the Super Bowl or be in Tampa that weekend you should definitely check out the Snoop Bowl VII. Snoop Bowl VII is hosted by Capture Entertainment and Productions, and kicks off January 31, 2009 at 1:00 PM in Tampa at Gaither High School.Snoop is contributing to his community and help impact the lives of kids with his Snoop Football League. The players range from age 7-13.

The Snoop Dogg football league has been in effect for about 7 years and been successful in raising over $50,000 towards charities.It is good to put your money towards a positive movement, especially when children are involved. Even if you can't make it to the event you can still donate to the youth football team by clicking here. Your efforts would benefit the following charities:the Mike Alstott Family Foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters, The Children’s Cancer Center and All Sports Community Service and many others.

Snoop speaks about his team on Fatherhood







CHECK OUT THIS NEW SNOOP VIDEO FEAT. HIS SON SPANK AND THE FATHERHOOD FAMILY..SPANK DID HIS THANG!


"Staxxx In My Jeans" Snoop Dogg Ft. Rook and The Father Hood Family from CashmereAgency on Vimeo


CONSERVING HEAT ON A BUDGET

This is my tip of the day.Now I know we can all benefit from this. I came across a list of things that will help cut corners and conserve HEAT with the cold unpredictable winter weather on the way. Here's a list courtesy of (YES U GUESSED IT!) The Today Show:

*Install a programmable thermostat **CHECK THIS ARE GREAT**
*Install a high-efficiency furnace or boiler
*Add weather stripping around windows and doors (alternative old towels)
*Use portable electric heaters in colder rooms ***THIS IS ONE I DEFINITELY USE
*Use less energy to heat your water


Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to show some love by leaving me some comments. Peace and Blessings! Stylista KT signing off!


blog counter


web counter


homepage

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To my very divaish sister, love the blog! its very informative...lovin the videos from bishop walker...will be my sunday ritual from now on since im at work on sunday mornings...keep up the good work! see u soon!

STYLISTA KT said...

Thanks cuz/ sista! I appreciate your compliments and I'm glad you are enjoying my blog. Keep visiting and leaving me some feedback! LOVE YA! Hope to see ya soon!