Friday, January 9, 2009

Titans Rule, Michelle Paves the Way, and T.D. Jakes is "Not Easily Broken"...


Are you Ready for Some Football?










GO TITANS GO!!!

By now, we have all been witness to a MIRACLE winning season (13-3-0) with the Tennessee Titans. I for one have enjoyed watching them lead the AFC and make history along the way. (Specifically, I enjoyed the Titans vs. Steelers game.. Since it was the best game of the year and I was a part of the experience..I saw SNOOP DOGG.. And even got to see the Steeler fans eat their towels in disgust.. LOL I mean what more could I ask for?)Is it just me or does it feel like the sports world (announcers, critics, and reporters) are on extra strength HATERADE when it comes to The Titans and Jeff Fisher? I mean when are they going to notice the successful Titan formula: Kerry Collins+ Lendale White+ speedy Chris Johnson + Jevon Kearse+ Bo Scaife+ BULLOCK+ Albert Haynesworth+ Fennigan+ one of the greatest coaches in league that actually has been here for 11 years= 2009 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS! Yes, you heard it here FIRST!







"Stylista KT cheering on the Titans against the Steelers!"









I’m counting down the hours to see the Titans tear down the Baltimore Ravens and break down their defense. I BELIEVE IN MY TITANS TEAM AND I WILL SEE THEM TEAR DOWN RAY LEWIS! HE WILL BE STOPPED! Be sure to tune in and watch our Titans write a new chapter with a VICTORY over rival Baltimore Ravens!









MICHELLE SETS THE AMERICAN FASHION TREND..


I have noticed all over the news this week, there's been an emphasis on Michelle Obama's style and her impact on fashion trends. It is a breathe of fresh air seeing a strong women of color PAVE THE WAY MOST IMPORTANTLY AS FIRST LADY and seeing her gracing the covers of magazines with her statuesque figure, signature styles, and genuine personality. Moreover, she represents the TALL AMAZON women like myself who are not a size 0, 2, 4!!!... TALL WOMEN WITH CURVES ARE HERE TO STAY..LOOK OUT WORLD!


Take a look at this clip from where else The Today Show...












Feel free to leave me comments and feedback..




Not Easily Broken

I encourage everyone to go out and support the new movie based off Bishop T.D. Jakes' book, "Not Easily Broken," the movie is rated PG-13 so it is a great idea for family fun at the movies. It teaches us the promises and values of marriage and relationships.The story may impact those in healthy or broken relationships. In addition, there is a great cast with MORRIS CHESTNUT( Yes, Ladies Chocolate Chestnut!) Taraji Henson ( eye candy for the fellas and be sure to catch her in Benjamin Button that is out already..she should get an Oscar for that role!)

Check out this interview with Morris Chestnut:

4 comments:

NickKnack said...

Hey Diva,
I like the spot you have up there about the titans. But I would like to see a section talking about the Gators and how they won the national title in a broken system called the BCS. I'm an Alumni of Florida State so you already know I have a lot to say about how the University of Florida winning the title isn't as not worthy as alot people are making it out to be. Sorry if I'm taking your spot too much in a sports direction but that's where my passion is, at least on the weekends that is.

NickKnack said...

Ahh you are in luck. I just saw the T.D. Jakes movie "Not Easily Broken". That means another post from me today. The movie is wonderful but more importantly it's real. Issues that other film makers would steer clear of, this movie addresses head on. For example, when the mother in law suspects that her daughter's husband is having an affair she seemed to be bothered more by the fact that the suspected mistress is caucasian than by the aledged affair itself. Being that you are a Diva yourself, I'm curious as to know what is your take on that subject. The movie is full of other real situations that seem to have been taken out of real life and not a cookie cutter movie script.

STYLISTA KT said...

NickKnack thank you for your comments and opinions. As far as Florida, I don't really follow the team, so I wouldn't exactly have much to say about the Gators. I"m a Volunteer! lol

Now with the new movie, " Not Easily Broken," I haven't actually seen it yet. I'm hoping to make it to the movies today sometime. Your question about the mother in law in the movie being more upset that her daughter's husband cheated with a Caucasian woman vs. the affair itself is not really suprising. From a female perspective, I believe sometimes we UNFORTUNATELY FOCUS ON THE FEMALE vs. the whole situation. I guess we sometimes tend to focus more on person vs. outcome is what I'm trying to say. Does that make sense?

I think it was smart to bring that issue to the table in the movie b/c too often times it goes unnoticed and in today's society we see more interracial relationships and the struggles that come with these type of relationships. Maybe I can tackle this question more once I check out the movie today..

Anonymous said...

To comment on ...UNFORTUNATELY FOCUS ON THE FEMALE vs. the whole situation...I have start to direct my focus on the situation. I have to sit back and think about where was I before everything hit the fan. Was I taking time to be who my man needed me to be. Did I fake up this person to get in the relationship and after I got him turn into the real me. These are questions we should ask ourselves before we start to point the finger. There are three pointing back at you. However you must remember that no matter how good you are that people will and can cheat on you.