Sunday, January 25, 2009

WAKE UP CALL!

Good evening, to everybody. I'm glad I got the chance to write today, because I was afraid I wouldn't have a blog today...at any rate I'm here to deliver DIVA Avenue to you. This Sunday, has been a productive day thus far. I went to church and got my word from GOD. Bishop Walker definitely provided a wake up call for me and so many others I'm sure..the sermon today was on BEING DEBT FREE AND GETTING YOUR FINANCES IN ORDER. He even brought in loads of bins that would be put into a shredder for the congregation to throw their credit cards and copies of bills in. I plan to cut up the few credit cards I have.

I definitely can testify and say I needed the wake up...I mean I pay my bills on time often ahead of schedule, but sometimes honestly I can admit I struggle with adding more debts to my list. Bishop Walker explained debt so simple and true. He informed me that borrowing is a form of "slavery." (I for one DO NOT WISH TO BE A SLAVE OR BECOME A SLAVE TO ANY DEGREE.) He provided me a new acroymn that is effective DEBT=Doing Everything But Tithing I must add that YES I do tithe.

Overall, the message was to get your finances in order, create a budget plan, eliminate your bills one at a time starting with the lowest one and work your way up, TITE, and live below your means and not splurge on things. ( I know I have some work to do with the splurging, but I do have a budget that I follow.) Well that's enough of my Sunday testimony. Here's some news you can use for today...







WHAT IS THIS?






So you know everybody has been trying to reach BANK with Obama memorobilia..well this is just a things that makes me go uhmmm moment.. Ty Inc. the same company responsible for the beanie baby craze decided to make some dolls named Sweet Sasha and Marvelous Malia. They went to far with this..they are not HOT and they look nothing like the adorable Obama girls. I know Michelle has some words for them.
Their press secretary delivered a comment on the new dolls.

"We feel it is inappropriate to use young, private citizens for marketing purposes," Mrs. Obama's press secretary, Katie McCormick Lelyveld, said in a statement.

So what do you think about the dolls? In addition, I also noticed the Obama chia pet the other day... is that acceptable? I think they went a little overboard with both of these..


LIL WAYNE A ROCKER!


Yes, it's true Lil Wayne is set to deliver a rock album pretty soon on April 7, 2009. It's called the Rebirth. Here is the first single called "Prom Queen" click here.


KANYE SHAKES PARIS


Okay so for those of you have been following my blog you know Kanye struck a shoe deal with LOUIS VATTON. Well, his sneakers made their debut in Paris over the weekend. Wouldn't you know it their RED! :) Their pretty hot and tempting.. but remember I'm not trying to incur any additional debt ;)!

HOT OR NOT?! WHAT DO YOU THINK...






A NEW DAY.. THIS IS SOME personal FOOTAGE OF WILLIAM FROM BLACK EYED PEAS during Obama's walk into office...




Well this is my time for today, I have to get ready for the work week. Oh almost forgot, in case your following the poll..Favorite Rapper winner was TUPAC SHAKUR! Stay up and focused! God Bless!


blog counter


web counter


homepage

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the dolls are out of order. Children shouldn't be marketed unless they are on Disney. Look at Micheal Jackson. Let those girls be as normal as possible. Next they will ask them to go on tour signing dolls. The whole thing is out of order.
Caryn

STYLISTA KT said...

I SECOND YOUR THOUGHT! :) THEY NEED TO STOP..