Sunday, January 18, 2009

EMPOWERMENT!!!







Rise and Shine everyone! It's Sunday and you know StylistaKT had to go and get her praise on. I went to 9:30am service at Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Nashville, TN. It is my home church and has been since I joined when I was 16. There's nothing like a good message and motivation from God through the great spirit of Bishop Joseph Walker III to get my week started off right. Is it just me or does it feel like he's talking directly to me when he delivers his sermon?

Well today, the message was "NO"!!! Yes, literally the word NO. ( See James 4:7) He talked about how our lives can change in 3 seconds when we make the wrong decision in not saying "NO"..it seems like "No" would be something so easy to interpret, but in certain life situations we all wish we would have said "NO" and made the right choice. Growing up, I recall in school hearing the message "Just say No".. I imagine sometimes if I followed my intuition first on some things and made the decision to say NO!!! that I would be in a better situation in my present days. I'm thankful to GOD though because he has TRULY BROUGHT ME A LONG WAY!

All I'm saying is, think about the next time you are told to go somewhere and do something that you really have no business doing anyway ..JUST SAY NO!..OR THE next time your BOO wants you to do something that sounds absolutely ridiculous JUST THINK BACK TO WHAT MY BISHOP ADVISED ME IN CHURCH TODAY SAY: No, Neen, hECK TO THE NALL, Hood Nahhhl!..then you save yourself the dissappointment and consequences for your stupid actions. Or ask yourself is it really worth it? Well that's my sermon for today. I'm done with that..but I wanna share another clip of my Bishop Walker to empower you today. ON THAT NOTE TODAY IS GOING TO BE A MOVEMENT TOWARD EMPOWERMENT!





Here's a message to real about Setting Your House in Order




A PERSONAL MOMENT WITH OBAMA

2 days and counting until Barack Obama becomes our President of the United States..take a look at this personal interview on his personal thoughts on the election.. YES WE CAN!!!! If you want to check out more of Obama click here.




GO MICHELLE IT'S YA BIRTHDAY! Watch Michelle on the train yesterday enjoying her birthday. She was doing her birthday dance..GO MICHELLE IT'S YA BIRTHDAY!







Speaking of Birthdays tommorrow is a NATIONAL HOLIDAY! We Celebrate the Life and Birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. In tribute to him, we should recollect the challenges,lessons, and thoughts he taught us and left us for our generations and those to come. Here is a guide to things going on for MLK day click here.

I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH






A LIL Entertainment..

For those who missed out on Randy Jackson's show America's Best Dance Crew..here is the premiere episode..they is a lot of variety this season..they have cloggers on the show this time round and their from Alabama..I don't know how long they will last though. It could get old fast. My favorite so far is the Boxcuttahz.





I'm signing off, remember to get some EMPOWERMENT IN YOUR LIFE and to celebrate the LEGACY OF OUR Civil rights hero Dr. King. In addition, I encourage us all to say a prayer for the Obamas as the move hours closer to stepping into office. Peace and Love!





blog counter


web counter


homepage

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To comment on the sermon of "NO"... At the start of the year an angel came into my life and told what Bishop and others have told me over the years...save yourself. I am now at the point in my life that I don't have any children and I would like to keep it that way until the time is right (marriage). Well what I am saying is that even though I have a boyfriend, he is not getting any. Many wise people have said to save yourself. Well, I didn't listen and that is behide me but I am listening now. When I told my boyfriend, "no" sex he was ok with it and understood where I was coming from. It's not all that hard to get connected with one another in different ways beside sex. So ladies and gents follow the word of the Bishop and say "no". I did and now our connection is stronger than ever.

STYLISTA KT said...

THANK YOU for your comment Caryn. You do have a point and I value your DECISION. That is a good choice and hard choice to make being abstinent, but it is the RIGHT WAY! I must add, you have a keeper b/c so many men out here are not willing to hold out on relations. I would love to hear from some of my male readers on this.. curious to know your perspective on this?