Saturday, January 24, 2009

DIVA DAY!

Hola! It's Saturday and I have had a good one so far. I finally got to catch up on some much needed zzz's after a long night. I'm thinking today will be a DIVA day..you know the day where you wake up and want to get a makeover or GLAMOURIZED! Not that I'm not glamourous everyday, but sometimes you just wanna make small changes to yourself. Well This is going to be A DIVA DAY FOR ME..IT IS MUCH NEEDED and DESERVED! ( IN MY OPINION :)) I think I'm going to head to get my hair done ( nothing like a new fresh do to start you off) and maybe even make a small purchase of the day at an economical price. Well since Stylista is feeling DIVALICOUS today..I'm going to run down some good stuff to you and deliver some of the top DIVAS in the industry to you in todays blog. Enjoy and remember to offer me some comments please...




MALIA AND SASHA WIN BIG

Mail and Sasha Obama recently got one of the biggest surprises upon entering their new home in the White House. They had a scavenger hunt party while the Obamas were at their ball. According to ABC News, they watched movies Bolt and "High School Musical 3." They also were taught history about the White House in form of a scavenger hunt. At the end of the hunt, they opened the door to find the Jonas Brothers whom serenated the girls. I know that was a great surprise since this is their favorite band.( I wish I could play scavenger hunt and see my favorite artists...:) )






A Touching moment indeed. The Bush Twins were kind enough to leave a letter to the Obama Girls check it out..




A TRUE pioneer DIVA EVEN STILL TODAY..I love soror Aretha Franklin she did her thing even though I heard she was not impressed with her performance. We LOVED IT! In case you missed it see here:




Beyonce New Videos

SASHA FIERCE ( ALTER EGO OF BEYONCE) THIS is my favorite song "DIVA" on her new album..this video was honestly not what I thought it would be..but nevertheless B always is on time with a new look. I like the shades in the beginning..and I'm loving the dancing..THE RAP ( THIS IS A STICK UP, STICK UP..) and the end of the video. Take a look at both and let me know what you think...


D-I-V-A!





Halo I love this song what do you think?






New Aaliyah Movie in the works




DID YOU GUYs Know a movie is underway on the life of the talented and beautiful singer Aaliyah? I can't wait to see this..I'm a BIG fan of Aaliyah..I miss her so much..she was always just so down to earth and humble..I still remember where I was when she died. I had just started college life at MTSU. I even recall doing a presentation on her in my speech class. ( Which yes I did get an A+)

Anyhow, the movie is set to be on Warner Brother Films and it will be a biopic. Bill Condon, director of “DreamGirls” will be directing the film, so I know it will be great quality and who knows maybe it will produce a Oscar. I even here it will touch on her private life with R. Kelly and touch her intimate side that she was so clever in hiding.

It has also been confirmed Aaliyah’s friends will be featured in the film. Her Timbaland, Missy Elliot, Ginuwine, choreographer Fatima Robinson,and Hype Williams who will recreate her last video Rock the Boat. The movie said to start production end of March and is rumored to have a production budget of over 80 million dollars.


SWISS BEATS WIFE MASHONDA GOT BEEF


LISTEN HERE



LIL KIM IS FLAMING HOT ABOUT NOTORIOUS MOVIE



Okay so by now I hope you all have seen Notorious ( come on I gave you like two weeks..lol those that know me know I'm a movie head!) well word has it Lil Kim is not to happy about former 3LW member Naturi. Now I did actually see the movie and I will say it was better than I thought. I saw a softer side to Biggie than I ever know before. ON LIL Kim tip, I must admit initally before seeing it I was like this girl looks nothing like Lil Kim..but if you see the movie SHE DID PLAY HER ROLE TO THE T! I MEAN SHE HAD HER VOICE DOWN AND SWAGGER..ONLY THINK IS SHE NOT THE PHYSICAL LIL KIM..At any rate here is the words straight from the Horse's mouth...

LIL KIM SAYS

I feel like I was not portrayed how I should have been in this movie. I was in love with BIG and he was in love with me. I was never a JUMP-OFF, I know this and BIG knew this. I wasn’t even able to choose who I wanted to portray me in this movie. I would have never picked Naturi, she doesn’t have a Lil Kim aura at all! She looks nothing like I looked back then. We have NO similarities. Watching her on-screen was so “dreadful” as Simon Cowell would say. She is tasteless and talentless. Never once did she contact me for input or to get a feel of me for the character. A “TRUE” actress would contact the source to be the best they can be in portaying someone. That told me right there, she wasn’t right for the part and not to mention, Naturi has got to be one of THE worst actresses I’ve ever seen and I can’t believe they chose her. I really can’t!

Another thing is, I have been dealing with legal matters as far as them not wanting to pay me and sh*t for this movie, got a lawyer involved, so everything is cool with that, but it still doesn’t change my views and feelings. This is truly Faith and Ms. Wallace’s movie. And Ms. Wallace is right, this isn’t a Lil’ Kim movie and it’s not about me. I didn’t want it to be about me, I wanted it to be REAL though. And that it is NOT. I take no part in this movie and have nothing to do with it. I love BIG and will never stop reppin him. There is NOTHING anyone can do about it. The world will see the Lil Kim story, THE REAL ME! Not some made up bullshit portrayed by a talentless has-been back up singer



Well that's my time for today..I'm heading to get glamourized..This diva is on a mission so be on the lookout. Peace and Blessings!

blog counter


web counter


homepage

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lil Kim was right... I wasn't sure who Natrui was playing until later in the movie. I think they could have picked a better actress. The guy that played BIG was good. He even held his lip like BIG. The lady that played Faith was a good match also. I still think they had something to do with the shooting. Oh well we loss two great rapper at there peak. I wish the two of them were still around. RIP BIG....

Anonymous said...

DIVA to me has nothing to do with being a husseler. NOTHING...

Anonymous said...

Someone tell the DIVA to hussel up on some more money and stay away from the low budget videos. DIVA's just don't do that.

STYLISTA KT said...

I have to agree with you C} the guy that played Biggie had his image, personality, and mannerisms down pact. I think with Naturi her being so small is the only thing she shared on physical side with Lil Kim lol.. Whom do you think had something to do with the shooting? I'm curious to know b/c you just stated "them"...

It's tragic that we lost Biggie and Tupac MAJOR leaders in rap when I was growing up. I'll still never forget where I was and what I was doing when I heard that Tupac died. I must admit I was heading to the skating ring with my girls and I cried like a baby...

STYLISTA KT said...

Caryn I must say that Beyonce is a true Diva at heart if you think about it..I mean look back at when she first started with Destiny's Child and even today I think back to her and J. Hudson competing over Oscar and the beef the media capitalized on ... I think moreless with the videos on this album she has a different approach to emphasize how Beyonce and Sasha Fierce are different.. I can understand you not liking the lyrics..but in a sense I can say she means when she says, " a diva is a female version of hustler"... what she's saying is she is working hard and being the BEST at what she does.. hence the "hustler" ...Now on the other hand I'm curious as to what your interpretation is of the lyrics..are you seeing it literally as her being a hustler or what?..just curious and want to understand your take on this...