Monday, June 29, 2009

A TRIBUTE FOR MJ









This past week has been one to go down in history nationally and personally for me. I'm still not wanting to believe that Michael is gone.. :( I just never can say goodbye. It's a shame that he was not received like this when he was alive and now after he dies it's like everyone is trying to bring more controversy... I just would like to see the media focus on all the POSITIVES HE BROUGHT AS A MUSIC DEITY.. HE HAS INSTILLED SO MUCH INTO MY GENERATION AND MANY BEFORE ME. As I look around my house, family members, friends, and talk to my parents I can't help, but notice how much his made an impact on our lives. Everyone has a story or a memory whether it be a bad dream from seeing the "Thriller" video at a young age, moonwalking, making a handmade glove out of socks lol, or better yet singing and dancing along as though we were Mike.

Last night, BET honored our "KING of Pop" Michael Jackson through songs, fashion, and speeches upon receiving awards. It was nice to see everyone come together to showcase their LOVE,SUPPORT,AND RESPECT FOR MIKE. Although, I must admit I wasn't too happy to see the Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, and Jay Z performances b/c I felt like they were not in accordance with the whole concept of the show. How did you feel about that? I mean these guys would not be at their status now if it wasn't for Mike who paved the way for them. Ne how that's my spill on that. There was a lot of wonderful tribute performances and highlights this year... So let's get on with the show!

If you missed the Bet show, here's a baby plate of what you missed..Don't worry you will have the opportunity to catch the awards again..(as we all know BET is also the King of re-runs lol)...









JAMIE FOX PAYING HOMAGE TO MJ...











YOU KNOW I HAD TO HAVE BEYONCE IN THE MIX.. SHE PROVIDED AN A+ PERFORMANCE LAST NIGHT TAKE A LOOK...




Maxwell blew me away with his performance it was one of the best of the night I must add.. I loved the angels flying in the background and the feathers... I can't wait to see him in concert soon :)




Joe Jackson interview at Pre Show at the 2009 Bet Awards...( this was really weird..take a look and let me know your thoughts...)





JANET SPEAKS ABOUT HER BROTHER



">NBC TODAY Show - Janet Jackson, Stars Pay Tribute to Star





Here is an interview I heard on the local radio station here with Jesse Jackson interviewing the King of Pop..I learned a lot of interesting things through the interview. I encourage anyone who stops by to listen to this interview:

Click here


ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVORITES.. THERE ARE SO MANY HIT SONGS HE MADE THIS MAN WAS TRULY A NATURAL TALENT..





blog counter


web counter


homepage

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im not the type to notice alot at award shows but, girl u hit it on point wit the other performers not bein in line with the whole show. as i watched it, it seemed as if they were 2 concerned about self. MJ has impacted many lives and the song Maxwell sung jus made it an EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL NITE THAN I WAS ALREADY HAVING. Plus the music of MJ set a tone in my spirit as i was next to my LOVE, jus watchn and honoring MJ..

I CAN NEVER SAY GOODBYE... MJ WILL LIVE ON..

STYLISTA KT said...

Thanks for the love and your comment. Who would you say was your favorite performance of the night..just curious since you stated you never really get into award shows?

Anonymous said...

THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT HAD TO BE WHEN SNOOP CAME OUT.. AND HE REMIXED THE SONG... BUT I AND OLE SKOOL LOVIE TYPE DUDE SO THE OLD SKOOL TRIBUTE WAS GOOD WITH TREY SONGS, TYRESE AND JOHNNY GILL